Judy sent a message to John A. Kaneb, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer, HP Hood LLC that said:
I had a problem with one of your products at Hp Hood turning moldy during the time I was ingesting it. It was extremely upsetting and made me sick! I took a picture of the carton with the mold and sent it to the Consumer Affairs dept. at Hood after I called them. I received a short note back saying they received it on July 7. I didn't hear anything from anyone apologizing for the product. I wrote again to her July 24th wanting to know if it was indeed mold and what were they going to do about it. It had happened twice, and I was very upset. Finally she called back saying it was mold and I shouldn't have used it past the 7th day. The mold was in it before that! She offered me a coupon for a free half pint! Really?? Is this the correct way to handle this? I have NEVER seen cream go moldy, maybe sour but NEVER moldy!! I feel just sick thinking that I drank it! I also thought someone higher up would have called and apologized and made me feel better not blamed for using it. Who do I need to tell about this? I think their must be something wrong in the packing for there to be mold in it!