Debra sent a message to Peter Agne President and CEO, IKEA that said:
Last month, I visited the Ikea restaurant in CFC, Egypt, and my daughter was severely injured as she was serving herself soup. Her entire right hand and several fingers were horribly blistered. Having the soup at that dangerous temperature and accessible to the public is simply an untenable situation. I beg you to reconsider your soup policy. Regulate the temperature of the soup and have the soup served by chefs and out of reach of the public. I don't want this to happen to another customer. Nobody even cared, except for a bunch of gawkers and one unhelpful and unsympathetic employee who told us to be more careful next time. It's difficult to see how we could be more careful as it happened that she was jostled y another customer at the very crowded soup and salad station. It's really a shame because we loved shopping and eating at IKEA but we cannot bear to return because of the bad memory. I wished to send photos but this form doesn't support attachments. . As you can imagine, it was exquisitely painful for my daughter. and very difficult as a parent to watch a loved one suffer.The blisters spread to the whole palm and she was unable to use her right hand at all for about 2 weeks. A month on, her hand is still red and the skin stiff and uncomfortable. . Again, I beg you to institute safety measures regarding the soup.
Awaiting your reply