Janine de Graaf-Klunder sent a message to Akio Toyoda President and CEO, Toyota Motor Corporation - email address that said:
Navigation System Toyota Verso
Dear Mr. Toyoda,
I would like to ask you why Toyota software used for the navigation system that is not up to date? We have an update for 90.00 euro purchased. My surprise is great because of:
1. The update per car by a mechanic worldwide must be manually executed (this does not fit in the lean philosophy in which Toyota as an example)
2. The update runs a year behind
3. The update false information (take the 2nd exit at the roundabout while there arent any roundabout)
4. The update incorrect information regarding the speed 80, 100, 120.130 km etc.
5. not Great road works are included in the update i.v.m. the backwardness of the updates. The 5 course road in the new road at Ikea Amsterdam Netherlands A1, all this is now missing.
6. Toyota is behind the latest developments related to real-time updates.
I would like to ask you to make it possible to install new software on our current navigation system whereby real-time updates to use as with TomTom.
Our car runs great and every day we are happy with the Toyota. However the navigation system irritates me such that I now purchase a tomtom go and am going to use this in addition to the existing navigation system. Too bad the car and not extra charge for us.
In the year 2017 would the above problem should be resolved as soon as possible, for example, by Tomtom to ask to make software that can be installed in the existing Toyotas and a real-time navigation system in new cars right away.
Janine de Graaf. Netherlands.