Matthew Lang An international leader with 20 years’ experience as Managing Director of operating companies around the world. Combines executive management experience with personal and team development skills to add value to any B2B organisation, particularly in technology, consumer electronics, home appliances or mobile communications sectors. Hands-on experience of growing a business both organically and integrating acquisitions. Extensive knowledge of emerging market dynamics as well as developed and mature markets in Europe and Asia. Able to clarify strategy, build sales and marketing capability, expand business internationally and deliver sustainable sales and profit growth. Particularly adept at facilitating cross-cultural collaboration across Europe, MEA and Asia.
Vestel Group is comprised of 24 companies operating in manufacturing, software and technology development, marketing and distribution in the consumer electronics, household appliances, smartphone and LED lighting industries. Vestel exports its products to 140 countries under leading Japanese and European brands. I lead a mixed OEM/ODM and branded consumer electronics business for brown and white goods across B2C and B2B channels. I am responsible for the UK business plus licensed brand business across Europe (Toshiba Televisions and Sharp Home Appliances).
Can advise and guide on the expansion of best-in-class sales and marketing skills across global markets. Will challenge and guide robust commercial strategy rooted in deep experience of running B2B operations from $5m to $1bn in both emerging and developed markets. Translates blue-chip experience in to practical leadership of SME and private companies from start-up to family-owned conglomerate. Knows what great looks like and mentors to create high performance companies.
• 20 years’ experience as MD / CEO of 6 operating companies across the world
• 15 years in-market experience of developing sales channels in Emerging Markets
• Experience of managing financial and balance sheet risk in multiple regulatory environments
• Blue-chip training in corporate governance and way-of-working
• Experience of SME and Family-Owned business
• Extensive product life cycle management experience from launch to obsolescence
• Strong stakeholder management, coaching and mentoring skills
• Diverse international experience including Europe, Eastern Europe & CIS, Japan, Korea, MEA, APAC, Africa and Oceania
• Wide exposure to both consumer and B2B markets in the Consumer Electronics, Home Appliance, Mobile Communications sectors